Immune system support, especially during the cold and flu season, is on all of our minds. Who wants a cold? Did you know that a small, dark purple berry, native to Europe and North America, is renowned for its multitude of health benefits, most notably in supporting the immune system?
Black Elderberry, also known as Sambucus nigra, contains active chemical compounds known as anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid which gives elderberry its characteristic deep purple color. These anthocyanins have been shown to have immunostimulant effects – benefits which help to support the immune system.
In addition, there are other important health benefits associated with elderberry supplementation that makes year-round use of potent elderberry supplements a good decision. Elderberry has also been shown to have a number of other health benefits, including:
• Clinical study to support sinus infections (sinusitis). A study showed that elderberry extract in conjunction with standard antibacterial therapy significantly reduced the acute symptoms and signs of sinusitis‡;
• Elderberry is a potent antioxidant and counteracts oxidative stress which can lead to a number health issues‡;
• Elderberry can increase insulin levels, and inhibit the enzyme alpha-glucosidase which supports healthy blood sugar levels‡;
• Studies show that elderberry, in concert with other botanicals, supports regularity‡;
• The bioflavonoids within elderberry supports skin health through its anti-oxidant properties and by supporting healthy inflammation levels‡.
Elderberry Capsules from Progressive Professional provides 45 mg anthocyanins per serving as tested in the 2016 “Long-Haul Study”. Our elderberry extract is Non-GMO, gluten free, and is vegan-friendly.‡
Supplementation with Elderberry Capsules provides:
• Supports a healthy immune system‡
• Supports regularity‡
• Support for healthy levels of blood glucose‡
• Powerful antioxidant‡
• Supports healthy inflammation levels‡
Progressive Labs’ recommends taking two Elderberry Capsules daily with or without a meal